Tuesday 11 November 2014

Oh... referees...

Oh, there we go again.
Yes, I'm writing about waterpolo again. I'm sorry, but it's my thing, so deal with it. There's gonna be a lot of it in this site, so if you don't like it, you can read Vogue or Glamour, I'm fine with it.
I always forgot to write about that crazy, stupid, hugely biased game we played against the University of Edinburgh. Believe me, I'm not one of those who criticise every referee, or talk back to them. I just follow the rules. They are the bosses, they decide, nothing else to do with it.
But this time was different.
This was the situation: we were very even along the game: 3-3, 3-4, 4-4, 4-5... some of the players in our time are experienced, they've played before in others teams, for years. What a coincidence, two of them were scoring most of the goals, and they got exclusions. For those of you who don't know, you can ONLY get excluded 3 times. At the third exclusion is permanent for the rest of the game, so you can't play anymore.
Becky, the captain, had scored 3 goals and been excluded once. Connie hadn't scored, but she is one of the experienced, and got excluded once. So suddenly, when Becky gets a second exclusion, they said it's the third one (??????????????????) and that Connie was also out (???????????????????????) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry???? What the hell did just happen at that table?
So yeah, pretty much they took well care of getting rid of our best players in the game up to that moment. Clever, huh?
But wait, THERE'S MORE. Do you know how many penalties did the other team get in favour? I think there were 4. 4 FREE PENALTIES, OUT OF THE BLUE. You know how many we got? None. Zero. Ninguno. And believe me, there were penalties.
One of the referees was okay, but the other one clearly wasn't. IF you are a bit into waterpolo, how many times have do the referees meet to "deliberate" during a game? If they do, that is. Well, these two had to meet 3 times. IN ONE GAME. Ridiculous... And, well, many more things that I probably have forgotten already. It really was a match to forget...
Final Score: 13-5. This game was just A JOKE.
Well, don't even get Becky started on this topic because she goes crazy mad. And for a good reason.

We were waiting for our revenge...

...and we kind of had it yesterday. But thanks to the boys!
They played to Edinburgh yesterday, and I was supposed to ref, even though I've never done it before... not even at practise! So I didn't really want to. And also, I thought I would be as biased as the ones we had in Edinburgh... So we sorted it out and got their coach and an ex-player of ours to ref. And very gladly, because it would've been a hard game for me to ref.
Surprisingly, the guy from Edinburgh was very fair! So maybe trying to make it up for what happened to the girls?
I don't know, but the boys won! First victory of the season, and they played really well. So proud!

But yeah, I feel like that was a bit of revenge from us. Although we are not satisfied enough, and we will beat the girls' asses up when we play against them next!

But tomorrow... some water-wrestling in Glasgow! Let's see how it goes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment